Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Rigid coupling||Flange coupling||Oldham coupling|
|Sleeve or muff coupling||Gear coupling||Bellow coupling|
|Split muff coupling||Flexible coupling||Fluid coupling|
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling||Universal coupling||Variable speed coupling|
|Bushed pin-type coupling||Diaphragm coupling||Constant speed coupling|
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Exploring the Use of Elastomeric Materials in Flexible Motor Couplings
Elastomeric materials are commonly used in flexible motor couplings due to their unique properties that make them well-suited for power transmission applications. These materials offer several advantages in the design and performance of motor couplings:
- Torsional Flexibility: Elastomeric materials have excellent torsional flexibility, which allows them to absorb and dampen vibrations and shocks that may occur during operation. This feature helps in reducing wear and tear on connected equipment and improves overall system performance.
- Misalignment Compensation: The inherent flexibility of elastomeric materials enables motor couplings to compensate for angular, parallel, and axial misalignments between the motor and driven shafts. This capability helps in extending the life of the coupling and other components by reducing stress and fatigue caused by misalignment.
- High Torque Capacity: Despite their flexibility, elastomeric materials can handle high torque loads, making them suitable for a wide range of motor coupling applications in various industries.
- Low Maintenance: Elastomeric couplings are known for their low maintenance requirements. They do not require lubrication, unlike some other types of couplings, which simplifies maintenance procedures and reduces downtime.
- No Metal-to-Metal Contact: Elastomeric couplings operate without metal-to-metal contact between the motor and driven shafts. This feature eliminates the need for periodic lubrication and reduces the risk of wear and noise generation.
- Corrosion Resistance: Many elastomeric materials used in motor couplings offer excellent resistance to corrosion, making them suitable for use in harsh environments or applications involving exposure to chemicals and moisture.
Elastomeric materials commonly used in motor couplings include natural rubber, synthetic rubber (such as polyurethane and nitrile rubber), and other high-performance elastomers. Manufacturers often engineer these materials to meet specific coupling requirements, ensuring optimal performance and longevity.
In summary, elastomeric materials play a vital role in the design and function of flexible motor couplings, providing benefits such as torsional flexibility, misalignment compensation, high torque capacity, low maintenance, and corrosion resistance. These qualities make elastomeric couplings a reliable choice for power transmission in various industrial applications.
Can motor couplings handle reversing loads and shock loads effectively?
Motor couplings are designed to handle various types of loads, including reversing loads and shock loads, effectively. Let’s explore their capabilities in dealing with these load conditions:
1. Reversing Loads
Reversing loads occur when the direction of the transmitted torque alternates periodically. Motor couplings, especially flexible couplings and universal couplings (Hooke’s joints), are well-suited for handling reversing loads. These couplings can accommodate angular misalignments between the motor and driven load, allowing for smooth torque transmission even during direction changes. Properly aligned and maintained couplings can endure frequent reversals without significant wear or fatigue.
2. Shock Loads
Shock loads refer to sudden and intense forces that exceed the typical operating conditions. These loads can occur due to abrupt starts, stops, or impacts in the system. Motor couplings, particularly those with some level of flexibility, possess inherent shock-absorbing properties. Flexible couplings can dampen the impact of sudden loads, reducing the stress on connected components and preventing damage. Rigid couplings are less forgiving to shock loads but may still be suitable for certain applications where the impact is within their load-bearing capacity.
However, it’s essential to consider the specific application requirements and choose the appropriate coupling type based on the expected load conditions. Factors such as the magnitude and frequency of reversing and shock loads, system dynamics, and the overall design should be considered when selecting a motor coupling. Additionally, regular maintenance and inspection play a crucial role in ensuring that the couplings continue to perform effectively under challenging load conditions.
Are Grid Couplings Suitable for High Torque and Misalignment Conditions?
Yes, grid couplings are well-suited for high torque and misalignment conditions in industrial applications. They offer several features that make them an excellent choice for such conditions:
- High Torque Capacity: Grid couplings are designed to handle high torque loads, making them suitable for heavy-duty industrial machinery and equipment.
- Misalignment Tolerance: Grid couplings can accommodate both angular and radial misalignments between the connected shafts. This ability to tolerate misalignments is crucial in industrial settings where perfect alignment may not always be possible.
- Vibration Damping: The serrated grid element in grid couplings acts as a vibration damper, absorbing shocks and vibrations that can occur during high-torque operation. This feature helps in reducing noise levels and ensuring smoother machinery performance.
- Shock Load Absorption: Grid couplings are specifically designed to absorb shock loads, which are common in industrial environments. This capability protects the connected equipment from sudden overloads and prevents damage to the machinery.
- Torsional Flexibility: The flexible grid structure of the coupling provides torsional flexibility, allowing it to compensate for torsional vibrations and torque spikes that often occur in high-torque conditions.
Grid couplings are commonly used in applications where high torque is required, such as in pumps, compressors, mixers, and other heavy machinery. Additionally, their ability to handle misalignments makes them suitable for various industrial settings where precise alignment may be challenging.
When properly installed and maintained, grid couplings provide reliable performance in high-torque and misalignment conditions, contributing to smoother machinery operation and extended equipment life.
editor by CX 2023-08-05